Competition Terms And Conditions
- These are the terms and conditions which apply to any competition, prize draw or promotion which we or our promotion partners may run, whether on our or their websites, social media platforms, on-air or otherwise (‘Promotion’).
- By entering a Promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions along with any other Specific Rules which relate to a Promotion. Specific Rules might include entry instructions and any other specific details, rules or conditions relating to a particular Promotion, and might be published on our or our promotion partners’ website, social media platforms, or may be found in any other media which features a Promotion. The Specific Rules will usually (but may not always) refer to these terms and conditions.
- In these terms and conditions, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘Promoter’ all mean TVC Communications. Our ‘promotion partners’ are third parties who operate promotions with us or on our behalf.
Start and end date/time
- Each Promotion will start immediately (i.e. as soon as it is first promoted), unless a later start date/time is specified. The closing date/time for a Promotion will be made clear in the Specific Rules or the relevant promotional materials. All times will be based on West African time (GMT+1).
Entering a Promotion
- Each Promotion will be open to individuals who are Nigerian residents and aged 18 or over unless the Specific Rules or other promotional materials or announcements specify a different geographic region or a different minimum age.
- In any event, our employees, agencies, licensees, freelancers, contractors (and those of any of our promotion partners, associated companies or prize providers) and their immediate family members or households (whether related or not), and anyone else professionally involved with the relevant Promotion, are excluded from entering and from winning (‘Excluded Individual(s)’).
- To enter, follow the entry process for the relevant Promotion, which will usually be explained in the Specific Rules and/or promotional materials or announcements. We cannot guarantee entry for mis-spelt, corrupt or ineligible entries.
- You may only make a maximum of one entry into each Promotion (unless the Specific Rules for a particular Promotion expressly set a higher maximum number of entries for that Promotion).
- If you are ineligible to take part in the Promotion (e.g. because of age restrictions), your entry cannot be transferred to anyone else. Another entrant will be selected from the pool of entries in accordance with the Promotion’s Specific Rules.
- Entries received outside of the opening and closing times of the Promotion will not be accepted but may still be charged (where there is a cost to enter).
- There is no charge to enter a Promotion unless stated otherwise. However, if entry is made via text message, MMS or telephone call, your network provider will usually charge according to their standard rate or deduct it from your allowance. Standard rate text messages to Promotion shortcodes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If entry is made by text message, be sure to use the correct shortcode; be aware that shortcodes change from Promotion to Promotion. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
- Participation in some of our Promotions may be charged at premium rate; please refer to the on-air or online messages for details.
- We accept no responsibility for entries that haven’t reached us – for example, postal, telephone, text message, online or social media entries not received as a result of network incompatibility, technical faults or for any other reason.
- If entry involves a live call in, or if the entry instructions in the Specific Rules require it, ensure you answer your telephone when we phone you. If you fail to do so, or if the call goes to voicemail, or if the call becomes disconnected or you are not audible for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to; low/no signal on your device, because you are driving or otherwise unable to safely take the call, or a call being dropped by any network, etc.) before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion.
- For any on-air Promotions, all timings including the closing time are as broadcast on the relevant station’s FM broadcast frequency. If you are listening via an IP enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet, please remember that the stream can be slightly behind the FM broadcast due to differences in network speeds and/or the advertising we may serve to listeners on IP enabled devices and other factors. If a Promotion requires you to enter by a deadline dependent on an item in the broadcast (e.g. by the end of a song) we cannot take into account any delay from listening via an IP enabled device, and the deadline will be as on the FM broadcast. For podcasts and non-live broadcasts, note that the deadline will probably have passed, so check before entering.
- For each Promotion, there will be only one grand prize winner unless otherwise specified.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Specific Rules:
- In the case of a prize draw, winner(s) will be selected at random. This will be done by an automated process or a process which will be conducted or supervised by an independent person, or as otherwise mentioned in the Specific Rules.
- In the case of a competition, where appropriate winner(s) will either be selected by (a) an independent judge or (b) a panel of judges which includes at least one independent judge.
- If you win a prize, we will notify you within twenty-eight (28) days of the end date of the Promotion. To claim the prize, respond to the notification within the deadline set out in the Specific Rules or the notification (or within 28 days if no timeframe is set in the Specific Rules or the notification) and follow the instructions which will be provided to you.