Eriksen – “Things Have Not Gone To Plan”
Written by thrilliant on November 13, 2020
Christian Eriksen has admitted his move to Inter has not worked out, and he will consider his future in January.
The Denmark midfielder says “when the transfer window opens we will see if something will happen or not”
Eriksen arrived at Inter and was to be the creative presence needed in Inter’s midfield.
However, the 28-year-old has struggled to make an impact, with the creativity he showed at Tottenham missing.
Eriksen can forget his issues, he is on international duty, but he has admitted things have not gone to plan.
“This isn’t what I dreamed of,” Eriksen said“All players want to play as much as possible, but the coach decides who gets to go on the pitch.
“It is a strange situation, as the fans want to see me playing more and so would I, but the coach has different ideas and as a player I have to respect that.”
Eriksen’s future was cast into doubt when he was reportedly offered back to Tottenham.
Spurs did not bite, but reports suggest Inter could look to offload Eriksen in the January transfer window.
The Dane has seven weeks to turn things around, but he could look to move on if things do not improve.
“When when the transfer window opens we will see if something will happen or not,” Eriksen said.
Eriksen has made three starts this term, and he has been subbed off around the hour mark.
The ray of hope for Eriksen is that Inter’s form has not been brilliant so far this season. They are sat in fifth in the table, five points adrift of AC Milan after eight games.
If he can find the form that prompted Inter to sign him there could be a route back to inter.